|“||Islam Giray, aided Bogdan Hmelnitski, depends on an independent Cossack Hetmanate to shield him against both the Muscovite Tsardom and the Polish Commonwealth. Islam Giray passes for a lavish ruler, and thus far he has sided with the Cossacks. But now that Ukraine has allied with Russia, there are rumors that the Tatars would betray the Cossacks, and ally with the Polish Commonwealth instead.||”|
|— Jaques de Clermont|
The Crimean Khanate is one of the Nations of Eastern Europe featured in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword. It is led by Khan Islam Giray. It is a protectorate of the Ottoman Empire. The Crimeans are Tatars who live in the southern part of Eastern Europe, while the Khanate is the remnant of the once-great empire of Genghis Khan, as well as the Golden Horde. Its "capital" is Bakhchisaray. It is located in the south-east part of the map.
The Crimean Khanate is one of two nations without a main questline, the other being the Kingdom of Sweden.
|Mirza Yanmamed||Shirin-bey||Mirza Davletshi||Bukryn-bey|
|Yashlav-bey||Mirza Argyn||Mirza Agish||Mirza Divey|
|Mirza Appak||Mirza Karach||Mirza Yelchy||Uzyn-bey|
- Excellent horse archers.
- Reliable heavy cavalry.
- Good elite light infantry and Janissary corps.
- Unreliable musketeers (Seymen).
- Lacking in cavalry-fighting infantry.
- No heavy infantry.
Crimeans are similar to the Khergit Khanate faction of Warband. All Crimean cavalry is discounted, making it easier to build up large armies. Crimean Khanate is the only faction that has access to shields for all of their classes besides the Polish Mercenaries. Crimean marksmen can wield bow or musket, although they are significantly more accurate and deadly with a bow. Ottoman Janissaries (sent by the Ottoman Empire) have been said to be the best marksmen available. The Masterwork Good Yataghan is the fastest weapon in the game. It is a knifelike, single-edged blade with a characteristic design. This weapon, in combination with a shield, makes Crimean marksmen and Janissaries a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, Crimeans do not have any native infantry, only marksmen, so the yataghan is best used by Ottoman Azaps (melee infantry), which are hard to recruit because they are not native to Crimea.
Crimean tactics against wagon forts consist of dismounting any ranged troops and firing a barrage of missiles, covering the melee troops' charge inside.
|Town Recruits||Mercenary Camp||Village Recruits|
Heavy Infantry Commander
Heavy Cavalry Commander
Personal Guard Commander
|Territory of the Crimean Khanate|
Akkerman • Azaq-kale • Bakhchisaray • Kyzykermen
Izmail Fortress • Kafa • Kalanchak Fortress • Kezlev Fortress • Kilburun Fortress
Kyzyl-yar Fortress • Perekop
Ak-Mechet • Budjak • Czaple • Dzhankoy • Esaq • Inkerman • Kiliya • Nugai • Ordash • Sinelnikovo
Sivash • Tumnek
- The Khanate became a protectorate of the Ottoman Empire when the Ottomans intervened in the first khan's sons' struggle for power. The Ottoman sultan enjoyed veto power over the election of a new khan, and the Ottomans annexed the Crimean coast, but recognized the legitimacy of the khanate rule of the steppes, as the khans were descendants of the famous Genghis Khan. This relationship is evident in-game due to the Khanate's use of Janissary soldiers and Azaps, troops almost exclusively associated with the Ottoman Empire.
- The royal Giray family, descendants of the rulers of the khanate, still lives to this day, living in Turkish cities such as Bursa and Istanbul, and in other countries as well.
- The title of bey, shared by several Crimean nobles, is a Turkish title for chieftain. Mirza, meanwhile, is an originally Persian title for a high nobleman or prince.
- In the game, banners of Crimean characters all use the same color scheme, only with different markings. This is semi-historical, as Turkic peoples have traditionally used tamgas, abstract markings, to serve as the emblem of their tribe, clan or family, in a way Europe would use coats-of-arms or banners. As each tamga was distinct, one would not need to rely on colors to differentiate one tamga from another.
- In the game's code, the Crimean Khanate is referred to as
khergit; the Khergit Khanate being similar in that both factions are nomadic and have bandits spawn in their territory (Tatar Raiders vs Steppe Bandits)
|Wikipedia has an article on this subject at:|
|Khergits • Nords • Rhodoks • Sarranids • Swadians • Vaegirs|
|With Fire & Sword Nations|
|Cossacks • Crimeans • Muscovites • Polish • Swedes|
|Napoleonic Wars Nations|
|Austria • France • Prussia • Rheinbund • Russia • United Kingdom|
|Viking Conquest Factions|
Angles • Britons • Friese • Gaels • Norsemen • Picts • Saxons
Aileach • Alban • Alt Clut • Brycheiniog • Connachta • Cornubia • Danmark • East Engle • Friese
Glywyssing • Gwynedd • Laigin • Laithlind • Mide • Mierce • Mumain • Northhymbre • Northvegr
Osraige • Uladh • West Seaxe