Alayen was the son of a Vaegir noble who was part of the Vaegir forces that defended Rivacheg from Nord invasion. At some point, his father remarried to another woman after his birth mother died. He had a hostile relationship with his new stepmother because she wanted her son to inherit his father's wealth. One day, his dog become sick from meat Alayen fed it, an event which he blames on his stepmother because she supposedly poisoned said meat. However, Alayen's father didn't believe this and he was disinherited from his inheritance.
He left to Calradia to work as a mercenary, he work with various lords with minor tasks. He can be recruited by the player and will demand 300 denars to buy proper clothing to distinguish from the common soldier.
An honourable man who has a sense of righteousness towards his own gold-sighted ideas due to his noble upbringing, even though he is disinherited by his own father. He is straight-forward to talk to yet he remains a polite etiquette to those who speak with him even if they are from a lower class than he is. He can be a bit of arrogant and demanding at times to show his nobility like ordering someone to fetch him something. He is prideful yet remains courteous about the idea of nobility and actions of landlords from the past which made him to be the type of a person who values the old traditions in his life. He is also sociable and curious to learn about the concerns of others in the faction, probably as a way to get more recognition.
- Marnid - He dislikes Marnid for messing with the class hierarchy, when Marnid 'stole' his kill which, in Alayen's view, a merchant is higher than the noble.
- Nizar - Alayen dislikes Nizar's arrogance and dishonourable action toward women, his hatred against Nizar led him to be discourteous to him.
- Ymira - He finds attraction for Ymira and is impressed with her fighting skill. Although he won't court her, due to her merchant background rather than noble, he found comfort in talking with her.
Alayen is a level 2 hero who specializes in combat. While his weapon proficiencies are high, he can also be shaped into an Agility based or Intelligence based hero.
It is recommended to give him some decent armor. His weapon of choice is preferably sword or lance as per his dialogue. However, you can give him different types of weapons without issue since his weapon proficiency is 100 for all weapon types.
Since he is a noble, he can be elected to become a vassal without suffering the concurring lord relation penalty. He will recruit Vaegir type troops if raised to Lord status.
- Main article: Alayen/Interactions
Stats and Equipment
|Alayen - Default Stats and Equipment|
- His Reencounter and Rehire dialogue referenced the same quests also offered to the player.
- According the game file strings, he is numbered as 9.
|Alayen • Artimenner • Baheshtur • Borcha • Bunduk • Deshavi • Firentis|